Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BBC Learning English

I explored this BBC Learning English website and I think it's very useful.
It has 9 main categories:

- General & Business English
- Grammar, Vocabulary & Pronunciation
- Quizzes
- The Flatmates
- Community
- For Teachers
- Specials
- About Us
- Downloads

Each one of them has a different color, so you can easily identify them. These categories are divided in sub-categories with useful content and examples, just like a good English book would do. But the difference is that here you can interact with the content and learn in a easier and more funny way. You can find videos, quizzes, activities, and downloads to help you practice your English and your pronunciation.

I've just read and listened to a summary of the news. It's cool. The news I read was "Tintin book on trial".

Another thing that called my attention was the "soap opera" they have, called "The Flatmates". There are 40 episodes, and each one lasts about 1 minute. I think the graphic sucks. It's very basic, cause they only use a background picture, and the characters are static, ugly drawings with no colors. But you can read the dialogue while they talk, so it works, though.

I also visited the "Teacher" section, from the Grammar, Vocabulary & Pronunciation category. There, you can see videos of a Teacher called Alex (a blonde british woman) who gives useful lessons, tips and corrections to help you improve your speaking.

There are so many things you can do on this website, I won't be able to write about all that. But I'll definitely be checkin' this website very often.

6 comments:

  1. hahahah i read and listened the same new of tintin book, it was so funny. Get angry for black people in a book xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ajjaja I had post in my blog that the characters of the flatmates were very funny! jajajajaj:( I think that been so "basic" is good is like they had their one "touch" ajaja but it's only my opinion xD

    bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The graphics XD...
    I mean.. it's BBC, I thik they have enough money to do better things... or maybe they haven´t.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny!! I love the graphics of "Flatmates" that shous how little I know. Although, I guess it also shows I love simplicity...maybe.
    Very neat post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i think im the only one who haven't seen the flatmates :rolleyes:
    i agree with you in almost everything (except with the flatmartes comment ) is a very nice way for learning and improving english!

    ReplyDelete