Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My beloved big, heavy laptop

I’m not a very technological person. Sometimes I think life would be less complicated without technology. I mean, we could live in peace, like people did in old times in history. Not always, though. Living in small villages, harvesting our own food... Something like the Amish. BUT, there would be more risks in health, difficulties in commodities, etc.

OK. Who am I kidding. I admit my life would suck without technology.

I don’t have any of those new super cool devices, like iPhones, iPods, mp7 or whatever they invent. I’m not interested. I’m quite happy with my technologically-made stuff. I THANK GOD for having hot water, electric light, my TV, my guitar, my bed and clothes.

But my favorite technological device is my notebook. It’s an old, big, heavy Acer. I love it and hate it. Despite it has ‘good stuff’ like 3GB DDR2, 250 GB of memory and other things I can’t read in this informative sticker, it’s not as good as it should. Sometimes when I turn it on, the system starts without audio. And since last year it doesn’t recognize the DVD reader. I guess it’s disconnected. Oh, how not to mention the touchpad. I don’t use it because… it’s alive, like somebody else dragging their finger to move the cursor. When I knew this it was too late, the guarantee had expired, so I had to accept it.

Hahaha, it’s the worst laptop ever. But it has saved me so many times, that I forgive its neandethalism. It goes with me everywhere... I can listen to my music, play silly games, work, and be connected with my friends. What else could I ask for? It does the necessary things. Maybe I'll buy another one in a couple of years... or when it's definitely broken XD.

6 comments:

  1. Such an horrible picture... sorry :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut up and kiss me >.< =º

    ReplyDelete
  3. well yeah ... your laptop is BIG, change it, or you'll get a hump really soon

    just cos i love you I spent time on you xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha you're the best. nobody else loves me in the English class. the Teacher doesn't even write my e-mails back u_u

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, come on Viviana.
    I only missed a couple of mails. SORRY again!!! We miss you when you don't come to class. I can't believe it....

    ReplyDelete